Friday 15 March 2013

Evaluation: Combination of main product and ancillary texts

Director's Commentary: 

Here i have created a director's commentary to explain to audiences the different idea portrayed through the music video. It establishes why i and my group made certain decisions and ideas during the music video and how we created and came upon our artists brand image and identity. 





And here i discuss how my ancillary texts are presented and linked with my music video:

My Ancillary texts linked with my music video-

In our music video we used the outdoors and the iconic images of nature and autumnal colours to portray the romance and also our artist being reminiscent of past relationships. I decided to use the colours of green and turquoise in my digipak and advert to portray the theme of the outdoors and nature that was iconicly reflected in our music video. I also wanted to bring in the warm autumnal colours into both my ancillary texts. I did so with the inside of my digipak using contrast and saturation effects to bring out these colours. These effects were also used on the photo used for my advert to enhance the theme of autumn.

 



The photos used in the digipak and advert reflect the artists reminiscent mood during the video. The images show her staring into the distance and out of a window which suggests she is thought provoking past relationships and situations. This is also reinforced through the inside covers of the digipak and the advert through the images of her playing the guitar and writing songs portraying her reflective attitude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment