Saturday 9 March 2013

Finished magazine advert

Here is my final, finished magazine advert: 



I decided that for my advert i would choose a different picture to portray my artist in. Although it is different i chose it because of the small similarties it had with my digipak and also the music video. On the back cover of my digipak my artist is looking up and which also looks like she is looking at the names of the songs she has made which i felt represented her as being quite reflected of the songs she has made and written. I felt that this picture showed this same reflective emotion with her glancing out the window. Another similarity is the light coming in through the window, both in the front cover and back cover of the digipak and the music video the light really enhances the artist portraying a soft look and feel of her. I wanted to keep in theme with the digipak and therefore this is why i re-created themes of my digipak in my advert. For example, the front and back cover of my digipak took a colour scheme of blue's, green's and turquoises. Therefore i decided that the two banners on the bottom and side of the advert should take the form of one of these colours. Another thing that i used on my digipak that i used on my advert was the effects used on my picture. i brightened the picture and also enhanced the colours and contrast so that the colours would become eye-catching and stand out. I specifially wanted to use these effects to enhance the colours of my artists denim jacket and also her guitar as these two items are seen in the digipak and their colours are also enhanced through these effects so that they become more eye-catching. One last element that i felt was neccesary to include in my advert is the font of my artists name and the name of her album. This is the exact same font i used on my digipak. I felt that it was an important factor to use as it would be a way for audiences to identify the advert with the album cover and understand that it was Jess's album that is being sold.

I also decided to advertise the album through a star rating and a newspaper quote. I felt that having a catchy postive slogan creates a great way to intice people into buying the album as they can see the amount of stars the album has recieved and that they can see the quote is made by a well known reliable source, The Sun newspaper. And finally the reason i chose to advertise the itunes logo is because itunes is a global online phenomenon and therefore my artits album could be put on the new releases on itunes so that everyone would then start to notice and recognise her through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment